Additional EZ-RYDR Policies
All EZ-RYDR RYDRs and Drivers will be held to the General Terms & Conditions (http://www.ez-rydr.com/terms-condition), in addition to the policies described below.
By using EZ-RYDR Services, you (the RYDR) agree that:
You register with your personal university email address. It must be valid and active. Any findings that suggest otherwise will result in immediate removal of your EZ-RYDR account with no refund.
In any ride, you agree to bring no more individuals than there are seatbelts in the vehicle.
You will not order a ride for a non-subscriber unless you will be in the vehicle with them.
You will not provide your account information for someone else to use on their device, or allow someone other than yourself to use your personal device to use the EZ-RYDR Platform
You will not jeoparidize the safety of yourself, the EZ-RYDR Driver, or any other passengers. Continued dangerous activity could result in premature ceasure of ride and involvment of local authorities if necessary.
You will not misuse the SOS/Panic/Emergency feature. This functionality is there for you AND the Driver to feel safe in the case of an operational or medical emergency. If EZ-RYDR discovers abuse or misuse of this feature, the RYDR may be subject to account termination without refund.
Once you select and activate a subscription, you automatically agree to renew that subscription once it expires. You must either cancel your subscription or notify EZ-RYDR admin at email@example.com your plan to cancel.
Driver Representations, Warranties, and Agreements
By providing Services as a Driver on the EZ-RYDR Platform, you represent, warrant, and agree that:
- You are at least 21 years of age
- You possess a valid driver’s license and are authorized and medically fit to operate a motor vehicle and have all appropriate licenses, approvals and authority to provide transportation to RYDRs in all jurisdictions in which you provide Services.
- You own, or have the legal right to operate, the vehicle you use when providing Services, and such vehicle is in good operating condition and meets the industry safety standards and all applicable statutory and state department of motor vehicle requirements for a vehicle of its kind.
- You will provide proof of registration for vehicle you use when providing Services
- You will not engage in reckless behavior while driving, drive unsafely, operate a vehicle that is unsafe to drive, be involved in a motor vehicle accident or collision of any kind, permit an unauthorized third party to accompany you in the vehicle while providing Services, provide Services as a Driver while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or take action that harms or threatens to harm the safety of the EZ-RYDR community or third parties.
- You will only provide Services using the vehicle that has been reported to, and approved by EZ-RYDR, and for which a photograph has been provided to EZ-RYDR, and you will not transport more passengers than can securely be seated in such vehicle (and no more than seven (7) passengers in any instance).
- You will not make any misrepresentation regarding EZ-RYDR, the EZ-RYDR Platform, the Services or your status as a Driver.
- You will not, while providing the Services, operate as a public carrier or taxi service, accept street hails, charge for rides (except as expressly provided in this policy as well as the Terms and Conditions), demand that a RYDR pay in cash, or use a credit card reader, such as a Square Reader, to accept payment or engage in any other activity in a manner that is inconsistent with your obligations under this Agreement.
- You will not attempt to defraud EZ-RYDR or RYDRs on the EZ-RYDR Platform or in connection with your provision of Services. If we suspect that you have engaged in fraudulent activity we may withhold applicable Fares or other payments for the ride(s) in question.
- You will make reasonable accommodation for RYDRs and/or for service animals, as required by law
- You agree that we may obtain information about you, including your criminal and driving records, and you agree to provide any further necessary authorizations to facilitate our access to such records during the term of the Agreement.
- You have a valid policy of liability insurance (in coverage amounts consistent with all applicable legal requirements) that names or schedules you for the operation of the vehicle you use to provide Services.
- You will pay all applicable federal, state and local taxes based on your provision of Services and any payments received by you.
- You agree to complete a drug and alcohol test prior to providing Services
- You agree to complete the SMITH "Driving - The 5 Keys" online eLearning course prior to providing any Services. EZ-RYDR will pay for training cost and certificate must be provided to EZ-RYDR personnel prior to providing any services
- You agree to allow EZ-RYDR to run a complete background and credit check, including:
- Local and national criminal background check, which consists of multistate criminal records locator or other similar nationwide database with validation
- A national sex offender registry search
Motor vehicle records
Driver applicants must agree to provide all knowledge of their vehicle's history such as wrecks and title status. A physical inspection and test ride must be completed with an EZ-RYDR representative prior to providing any Services. The Driver's vehicle that will be used for EZ-RYDR Services must meet the following standards:
- Must pass physical stationary and in-transit inspections performend by EZ-RYDR representative
- Must pass history inquiries, ensuring vehicle is mechanically stable and reliable
- Must be less than 10 years old. Exceptions can be made for older vehicles in great condition, but approval must be completed and documented by EZ-RYDR representative
- Must be able to carry a minimum of 4 passengers. No vehicle may carry more than 7 passengers at any time.
- Vehicles and related documentation must be up-to-date and must fully comply with all state/local law requirements
In-Transit Safety Measures
The organization will continuously reinforce that the safety of themselves and their passengers is always the number one priority. In scenarios where a RYDR(s) behavior is believed by the driver to be jeopardizing the safety of those in the vehicle, the driver holds the right to refuse service to that person(s). Standard protocol is expected to be followed by the driver, and the first measure to be taken can be heightened if the driver deems it necessary. First action to be taken is a verbal warning stating that they will not complete their ride if the unruly behavior continues. Second level of action a driver should take is to pull over into a lighted, populated area and ask the RYDR to remove themselves from the vehicle. If they continue to refuse, the driver should call the police to have the RYDR removed. The driver will be required to file a complaint to the Driver Operations Supervisor after the situation has been handled. Depending on the severity of the matter, the RYDR will either be placed on a no-tolerance probation period or immediately removed from the EZ-RYDR service without refund. EZ-RYDR will never waiver from maintaining a superior safety environment that protects all parties involved. The SOS button mentioned in the RYDR-TO-DRIVER in-transit controls will also be available to the driver for emergency situations.
A Driver applicant will be disqualified as a potential driver if they:
Have been convicted of more than three moving violations during the past three-year period, or one major driving violation in the past five-year period, including, but not limited to, attempting to evade the police, reckless driving, or driving on a suspended/revoked license
Have been convicted, within the past seven years of misdemeanor driving under the influence, reckless driving, hit and run, or any other driving-related offense or any misdemeanor violent offense or sexual offense
Have been convicted within the past 5 years of a misdemeanor possession of an illegal drug
Have ever been convicted of fraud, any sexual offense, use of a motor vehicle to commit a felony, a crime involving property damage, theft, any crime involving acts of violence, or acts of terror
Has been convicted of any felony
Shows up as a match in the US Department of Justince National Sex Offender Public Website
Periodically, Promotional Codes (also referred to as "Promo Code") will be offered to users. These promo codes can vary in scope, including a percentage discount, dollar discount, or number of free weeks. Under the scenario that the promo code is temporary, meaning the discount is only applicable for a predefined period, the user agrees to pay the regular subscription cost for the associated subscription period they applied the promo code to. For example, a user applies a promo code that gives them access to 1 free week of rides, which can be applied to a weekly or monthly subscription. A week of free rides will be available for use. Once that week is over, the user will automatically be charged the regular, full price of that particular subscription. The user agrees to this policy by applying the provided valid promo code to a chosen subscription.